Blogs > SEOHow To Select a Good Rank TrackerPosted on Oct 17, 2022 by kevinlee
Every day, billions of people use search engines to find information on the internet. Search engine results pages (SERP) are constantly changing, and it can be hard to keep track of where your website ranks for certain keywords.
There are a number of SERP trackers available online, but many of them are paid tools. In this article, we will introduce you to a free SERP tracker that you can use to monitor your website's performance.
What SERP tracking is and what it can do for you?
SERP tracking is the process of monitoring and keeping track of a website's position in the search engine results pages (SERPs). It is a crucial part of any SEO strategy, as it allows you to see how your website is performing in the search engines and make necessary changes to improve your rankings.
There are many SERP tracking tools available, both free and paid, that can help you track your website's progress. These tools typically work by checking the position of your website for certain keywords on a regular basis and then reporting back to you with the results.
Monitoring your website's SERP position can give you valuable insights into your SEO progress and help you identify areas that need improvement. If you're not already using a SERP tracker, now is the time to start!
The best free SERP trackers to use
As any savvy online marketer knows, tracking your SERP ranking is essential for gauging the success of your SEO efforts. Fortunately, there are a number of free tools that can help you track your ranking on Google and other major search engines. Here are some of the best free SERP trackers to use:
- Google Search Console: One of the most popular tools for tracking SERP rankings, Google Search Console provides detailed data on your website's search performance. You can use it to track your average position for specific keywords, view click-through rates, and see which queries are driving the most traffic to your site.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Another helpful tool from a major search engine, Bing Webmaster Tools offers similar features to Google Search Console. In addition to tracking your SERP ranking, you can use it to submit your sitemap, view detailed search reports, and more.
- SEOmoz Rank Tracker: One of the most comprehensive free SERP trackers available, SEOmoz Rank Tracker provides detailed data on your website's progress over time. You can use it to track your progress for multiple keywords, view trend graphs, and get customized reports.
With these powerful tools at your disposal, you can track your SERP ranking with ease and make sure that your SEO efforts are paying off.
How to use a SERP tracker for your business?
A SERP tracker is a valuable tool for any business that relies on organic search traffic for its website. By tracking your SERP rankings, you can gain insights into how your website performs about your competitors and make changes accordingly.
Here are four tips for using a SERP tracker for your business:
- Set up keyword tracking. The first step is to set up keyword tracking for the relevant keywords for your business. This will allow you to see how your website ranks for those keywords over time.
- Monitor your progress. Once you have set up keyword tracking, monitor your progress over time. This will help you identify any trends or patterns in your SERP rankings.
- Make changes as needed. If you notice that your website could be performing better than it is, make changes to your website and track the results with your SERP tracker.
- Repeat as needed. As your business grows and changes, so too will your SERP rankings. Keep an eye on your rankings and adjust your marketing efforts accordingly.
Tips for getting the most out of your SERP tracker
There are many SERP trackers on the market, each with its features and benefits. To get the most out of your SERP tracker, consider the following tips:
- Define your goals. What do you want to track? Keyword rankings, organic traffic, conversion rate? Knowing your goals will help you choose the right tracker for your needs.
- Set up a regular tracking schedule. Track your SERP data weekly to spot any changes or trends.
- Analyze your data. Review your SERP tracking data and look for any patterns or opportunities. Don’t just focus on the numbers; look at how your rankings change over time.